American Cancer Society
- Nationwide voluntary health
organization dedicated to eliminating cancer through research,
education, advocacy, and service.
American Chronic Pain Association
- Facilitating peer support and education for individuals with chronic
pain and their families.
American Council of the Blind of
- Committed to improving the living conditions of blind and visually
impaired individuals by promoting their independence and effective
participation as citizens in all aspects of society.
Amputee Home News Page
- News about, for and by amputees!
- The Angelman Syndrome Foundation is a national 501(c)(3)
organization of families, caregivers and medical professionals who care
about those with Angelman Syndrome. Our mission is to advance the
awareness and treatment of Angelman Syndrome through education and
information, research, advocacy and support for individuals with
Angelman Syndrome, their families, and other concerned parties.
The Arc of the United States
- Advocating for the rights and full
participation of all children and adults with intellectual and
The Arc of Washington State
the education, health, self-sufficiency, self-advocacy, inclusion and
choices of individuals with developmental disabilities and their
- A 501c3 Non-Profit Organization dedicated to providing resources,
information and support to families living in Arizona and facing a
diagnosis of autism in a loved one.
Autism Parents of
- A group of parents that all have children on the
Autism Spectrum and live in Southeastern Wisconsin.
Autism Society of Nebraska
Support and advocacy for individuals with autism and their
Autism Society of Oregon
- Empowering individuals with Autism, their families and their
service providers to improve the quality of their lives through support
Back Pain -
Honest & Understandable Info on Back Pain and Treatments written by a
Black Hills Workshop
- A non-profit organization dedicated to serving adults with
disabilities, both developmental and those caused by traumatic brain
The Brain Aneurysm Foundation
- Supporting and educating the medical community, the
newly diagnosed, survivors, family members, friends and the general
public regarding the facts, treatment options, and recovery process for
Breast Cancer Support
- Breast cancer support group for survivors. You are not alone, you have come to the right place for support, information and understanding.
Network of Strength - Rocky Mountain Affiliate
- Immediate emotional relief to anyone affected by breast cancer.
Through peer support, empowerment and knowledge, Network of Strength
strives to ensure that no one faces breast cancer alone.
Cancer.Net - American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Cancer.Net, formerly People Living With Cancer (PLWC), brings the expertise and resources of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the voice of the world’s cancer physicians, to people living with cancer and those who care for and care about them.
(Highly Recommended by Disability-Claims.net)
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of
non-profit organization dedicated to finding the cure
for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
Education, Awareness and Research. Shop for a wide variety of hard to
find, unique Lupus Products & Merchandise.
Florida Council of the Blind
- An organization designed to provide resources to the Visually-Impaired
community. We offer educational, social, and economic opportunities
specific to the needs of blind individuals.
Gift From Within
- An international non-profit organization dedicated to those who suffer
post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), those at risk for PTSD, and those
who care for traumatized individuals. Resources include essays,
articles, poetry, art, DVD's, tapes, webcasts, inspirational and coping
stories and a Q&A on PTSD.
Gilda's Club Worldwide
- Gilda’s Club encourages a sense
of "expertise" among members, and emphasizes
community-building, collective wisdom and shared experience.
Discs - Comprehensive Herniated Disc resource written by a recovered
disc pain patient. Learn all about disc herniations, degenerative disc disease
and treatment options.
The Hip and Knee Institute - Expert Hip and Knee Surgeon. Dr. Herbert D. Huddleston, a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon in Los Angeles who specializes in Hip and Knee Replacement. Dr. Huddleston has performed more than six thousand hip replacements, and five thousand knee replacements. There are very few surgeons in the world who can match this experience.
Association of Louisiana
- Creating opportunities for success for all individuals affected
by learning disabilities while reducing the incidence of learning
disabilities in future generations.
of America - New England
- The mission of
the Lupus Foundation of New England is to empower people with lupus and
provide hope for the cure.
Lupus Foundation of
America - New Jersey
information and referral to those affected by Lupus while developing and
enhancing health and social services.
- Magic foundation for children's growth - :
Children's growth hormone deficiency and genetic disorders.
Medical News Today
- Medical News Feeds and Health News. Stay up to date in the world of medical news. Great Site.
- Healthbase connects patients to top quality and immediate major medical and surgical care like hip resurfacing, hip replacement, knee replacement, heart bypass, spinal fusion, lap band, gastric bypass, cosmetic surgery, dental care, etc. both in USA and abroad (India, Singapore, Mexico, Costa Rica, Turkey, etc.) at 60-90% less price than typical US hospital rates. Log in for a FREE personalized quote for affordable surgery worldwide.
- Improving the health of lesbians,
bisexual, and transgender women who partner with women, and
their families, through advocacy, education, research, and
The MedLink team consists of hundreds of
authors and editors worldwide together with an enthusiastic group of
publishing, marketing, and customer service professionals--all committed
to producing and maintaining the definitive online resource for clinical
- Leading the global MS movement by stimulating research
into the understanding and treatment of MS and by improving
quality of life of people affected by Multiple Sclerosis.
NAMI of Clallam County
- Families affected by mental illness; supporting, educating &
- Supporting families of individuals with mental illness while educating
- Provides support, education, advocacy and information to family
members and friends of those suffering with severe mental illness.
- Addressing the unmet needs of individuals with mental illness and
their families through advocacy, public education, information and
referral, and self-help support groups.
Improving the quality of life for people with mental illness and their
families through support, education, and advocacy.
NAMI Orange County
- Conducts free educational programs, meetings and support groups
throughout the entire county addressing every aspect of mental health.
NAMI Santa Clara
- Offering practical experience, support, education, comfort
and understanding to anyone concerned about mental illnesses and their treatment of services in
Santa Clara County.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society Arizona Chapter
Providing accurate, up-to-date information to individuals with MS, their
families, and healthcare providers is central to our mission.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society Connecticut Chapter
- The Connecticut Chapter raises funds through events to ensure ongoing
research to find a cause, advanced treatments and a cure.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society Montana Chapter -
furthering education, advocating for people with
disabilities, and providing referrals to healthcare providers and other
resources within the community.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society Michigan Chapter
- Serving clients through basic service
programs such as clinics, literature and the medical
National Multiple Sclerosis Society Great Washington Chapter
- Improving the quality of life for everyone who is affected
by MS and funding MS research into treatments and a cure.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Funding MS research, services, professional education, and
advocacy efforts nationwide.
Network of Care
A highly interactive, single information place where
consumers, community-based organizations and municipal
government workers all can go to easily access a wide
variety of important information.
- Resources regarding
pancreatitis to empower you to make informed healthcare decisions. Site
includes substantial links and support group information.
Traumatic Stress Disorder Support Services
- Support for veterans and civilians experiencing PTSD.
Including symptoms, compassion fatigue, spousal support, and
veteran service organizations.
- Helping people living with Multiple Sclerosis and their
families lead a quality life by providing individualized
care, support, education and research.
Sleep Disorder Information & Resources
- TALK ABOUT SLEEP is staffed by dedicated individuals who have a personal connection to certain sleep conditions and realize the devastating nature of untreated sleep disorders. This unique focus and expression will insure that TAS remains on the cutting edge of sleep support information by maintaining a resource pool of concerned and caring individuals who are the chief strength of TALK ABOUT SLEEP.
Social Security Disability
- Disability Claim Law Site
"Surfacehippyinfo" is created by hip resurfacing patients for the global community of hip resurfacing patients to collect and share a comprehensive knowledgebase on resurfacing, scientific and anecdotal statistics; and personal stories to help people return to happy and productive lives.
Honest and easy to understand articles about sciatica, sciatic nerve
conditions and treatments, written by a recovered patient.
Prostate Cancer Coalition
National Prostate Cancer Coalition (NPCC) sets the standard
for rapidly reducing the burden of prostate cancer on
American men and their families by providing education on
prevention, early detection and treatment through awareness,
outreach, and advocacy efforts.
- The Sister Study is the only long-term study of
women aged 35 to 74 whose sister had breast cancer. It is a
national study to learn how environment and genes affect the
chances of getting breast cancer.
Topeka Aids Project
- A community based program committed to working with
HIV-infected persons and their significant loved ones, and
through education minimizing the HIV infection rate.
United Cerebral Palsy of
- Serves kids with all types of special needs, including
cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, autism, speech delays,
developmental delays, and vision and hearing impairments.
United Cerebral Palsy
of Central Minnesota
- Serving people who are meeting the challenges of living
with a disability in Stearns, Benton and Sherburne counties
United Cerebral Palsy
of Northeastern Maine
- Advancing the independence, productivity and full
citizenship of people with disabilities.
Cerebral Palsy of Northern, Central & Southern New Jersey,
Advancing the independence, productivity and
full citizenship of people with disabilities throughout New
Washington Lyme Disease
- Advocacy - Awareness - Education -
Support & Community Resources
- Connecting with others who know what you’re going through as a cancer
patient or a caregiver.